West Highland Way – Amazing Scotland in the Autumn!
Rowardennan to Inverarnan to Tyndrum to Bridge of Orchy – 3 days walking
16th October 2017 – 3 Days Fully Guided Walk
The West Highland Way walking trail now becomes remote from traffic and the busy world. Natural Scotland becomes visible as you trek, and the beauty of Scotland is everywhere to be seen.
Two overnight stops are located at 12 mile intervals minimizing fatigue allowing you and your feet get a well deserved rest.
Why don’t you join our walk?
Why the West Highland way in October?
There are some very good reasons for walking in October which only the local people of Scotland know about!
Autumn in Scotland is breathtaking – walking on the paths of the West Highland Way gives you wonderful views including expanses of trees which constantly change colour. Loch Lomond reflects light from its bonnie bonnie banks and the mountains loom in the distance.
All of this creates wonderful landscapes and natural beauty which offer unique view points all aound. This is only possible to those walking from these vantage points.
You will detox from busyness as we get further and further away from the busy world. It is truly a great place to clear your mind and retreat for a while away from the city! So please join us!
If you ever complete a walk in your lifetime then this is the one to do
- West Highland Way
DAY 1 Trek from Rowardennan to Inverarnan, (14m) DAY 2 Trek from Inverarnan to Tyndrum (12m) DAY 3 Trek from Tyndrum to Bridge of Orchy (7m)
- Suitable for: People with a moderate fitness level.
- Grade: Leisurely - Moderate
- Strenuous- Challenging
- Distance: 33 miles
- Meet : at Milngavie on Monday 16 October school holiday week 2017
- Return: to Glasgow Wednesday 18 of October (see Full Walk Details)
- Footwear: Good walking footwear is recommended. Feet are a must to care for and look after! The walking surface will be stoney and possibly muddy.
- Clothing: I recommend you are prepared so please bring waterproof trousers, waterproof jacket, warm fleece top and good walking socks!
- Please be aware good or bad weather cannot be guaranteed, but what can be guaranteed is a unique walking adventure.
The West Highland Way Trek (part 2) -
Rowardennan to Inverarnan to Tyndrum to Bridge of OrchyTrip Highlights and Walking Holiday Inclusions
- Trekking the West Highland Way from Rowardennan - Inverarnan - Tyndrum - Bridge of Orchy
- Experienced walking professional wilderness guide and support staff
- The Scottish wilderness in the Autumn months
- Quality accommodation
- Breakfast on Tuesday and Wednesday
- Luggage transfers
- Good company
- Celebration drinks
- Taxi from Milngavie to Rowardennan
- 2 practice walks 13th May and 16th September (both Saturdays)
- Emergency group first aid kit and first aider
- The best scenery in the world and the most colourful trees you will ever see!!!!
West Highland Way Trek (part 2) -
Rowardennan - Inverarnan - Tyndrum - Bridge of OrchyOperates in the October school holiday period 2017, 2023, 2026
- 2017- Monday to Wednesday School holiday week of October
The West Highland Way Trek (part 3) -
Bridge of Orchy past Glencoe onto Fort WilliamWill operate in the October school holiday period 2018, 2021, 2024. More Info to come